Graduate Internship Program
- Gain experience in a private clinic setting.
- Supervisors dedicated to your advancement and education.
- Experience with a predominately pediatric population.
- Training in identification and treatment in both speech and language disorders in a clinic specializing in treating language disorders in the context of whole language literacy. This is a rare opportunity in graduate internships.
- Learn to identify the gifts of your clients and utilize them to help overcome their challenges
- Gain experience in the unique challenges of our gifted and diverse clientele
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university
- Current resume
- Meet the education requirements for a Speech Therapy Assistant License in the State of Texas (or have a current SLP-Assistant license):
- We can assist with observation, clinical hours and application for obtaining a state license
- Your internship Supervisor will be listed as your supervisor on your license.
- Pass a required background check
- Ability to work at least 20hours per week throughout the internship with a majority of the hours being in the evening or on Saturday.
How to apply
- Check your University's requirements and ensure that they communicate with our office regarding any necessary agreement or coordination. (some Universities require that you contact us through them first, know your programs rules and follow them)
- Internships are available for spring, fall and summer semesters.
- We will consider all applications until positions are filled. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply early.
- The interview process will consist of a phone interview and potential in person interviews.