Graduate Internships in Speech-Language Pathology
Graduate Speech Therapy Internship Program
- Gain experience in a private clinic setting.
- Supervisors dedicated to your advancement and education.
- Experience with a predominately pediatric population.
- Training in identification and treatment in both speech and language disorders in a clinic specializing in treating language disorders in the context of whole language literacy. This is a rare opportunity in graduate clinicals.
- Learn to identify the gifts of your clients and utilize them to help overcome their challenges
- Gain experience in the unique challenges of our gifted and diverse clientele
Clinical Practicum Requirements
- You must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university
- IT is strongly advised that you meet the education requirements for a Speech Therapy Assistant License in the State of Texas (or have a SLP-Assistant license):
- We can assist with observation, clinical hours and application for obtaining a state license if you do not already have one. We will reimburse any license expenses incurred upon completion of the Internship.
- Our SLP supervising you during your experience at our private clinic will be listed as your supervisor on your license.
- We can still work to provide a valuable experience to interns that do not have a license, however independent practice is reserved for interns that are licensed by the state of Texas as SLP Assistants.
- Current resume
- Pass a required background check
- Ability to work at least 20hours per week throughout the internship.
How to apply
- Check your University’s requirements and ensure that they communicate with our office regarding any necessary agreement or coordination. (some Universities require that you contact us through them first, know your programs rules and follow them)
- Internships are available for spring, fall and summer semesters.
- We will consider all applications until positions are filled. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply early.
- The interview process will consist of a phone interview and potential in person interviews.